Friday, December 21, 2007

Blessing in Disguise

We got back from New York last night. It was great to see the kids but very difficult to feel so far away from my Dad. Isaiah climbed into bed with me this morning like he usually does, but instead of cuddling, he threw up all over the bed. To be honest with you, I hardly even flinched. After seeing my Dad on a respirator, I think I can handle just about anything. I cleaned Isaiah up and brought him out to the couch. I was rubbing his legs and Gabe joined me. I prayed for Isaiah that Jesus would touch his body and take away the yucky feeling. Less than two hours later, he was asking for food and keeping it down. He has been playing today as if nothing ever happened! He kept asking for more and more food, and I kept telling him to slow down so we can make sure his tummy doesn't start hurting again. He said that he was all better and that it didn't hurt anymore, with a smile. It was the perfect teaching moment to show him that when we ask God for something he always helps us. For a child, it helped that our prayer was answered so quickly, I think he really understood. Not to mention what it did for my faith. I was literally able to feel all of your prayers when I was up with my Dad. We saw answered prayer and ask for continued support, as he still has a long way to go. God's been gracious to me, showing me the bigger picture of what is going on. I know that he would never let my father suffer in vain and that He will use this situation to accomplish something beautiful. I also strongly believe that He has granted a special grace and mercy for my father to endure this time. Our hearts have been postured beautifully to express our love for each other and to maybe re-examine our priorities. My Dad is a precious man who loves his family and I'm proud to be his daughter.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Beautifully put.