Sunday, June 15, 2008

Keepin' it real on Father's Day

Well today sucked. Sorry if that's harsh, but to describe it any other way wouldn't be honest. It was a little hard to acknowledge other father's who were still "here". I found myself jealous, feeling like it's just "not fair". I want my kids to still have their grandpa. So they day started off with Justin getting up early and riding out to get a latte and some eggs so I could make his favorite oat scones. I felt pretty slack. After Justin came home I was cleaning up the kitchen, because I had left it a mess the night before. I reached under the sink to get the dishwasher detergent and noticed lots of water. There was a leak and a stench! Then I noticed water coming out from the other side of the island onto the floor. Oh what a nice was to start Father's Day. It felt appropriate this year though. My "jack-of-all-trades" hubby became a plumber for the day and replaced all of the pipes under the kitchen sink. I told him he got a "re-do" on Father's Day. Below is a picture of the card Isaiah made for Justin. I told him how to spell the words and he wrote everything himself! (it says "I love you Daddy") I am so proud of him! He's such an excited learner.






No comments: