Monday, January 18, 2010

Adventures at Walmart

This morning I braved my weekly grocery shopping trip with all three "youngin's" in tow. As usual, I get a few stares. Some people just observe us and I can't quite tell what they're thinking. I get smiles from fellow moms who just want to share a "hang-in-there" wink. And some from grumpy folks who act like our presence is just too unruly for their Walmart shopping experience (I feel sorry for these people, life must be miserably boring). Anyway, I think I enjoy deciphering their "looks" far more than they enjoy staring!
So we're making our way through Walmart, and the boys spot a lady who looks just like my Mom. Gabe points and screams "Grandma! Grandma!". Isaiah said, "Gabe, that's not Grandma". Then he decided it would be funny to pretend anyway, so anytime we saw this lady, the two of them would point and yell "Grandma!". I tried to get them to stop because I was sure she had no idea how beautiful the REAL Grandma is and how much of a compliment it really was and we were always at just enough of a distance that I couldn't just tell her. It was quite funny though :D

No comments: