Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I wish it was easier to update this blog! I have so many things to share! I bought a tiny pocket journal today so that I could make notes of the silly stories so I don't forget them! A few weeks ago, after we had gone fishing, Gabe wanted to retell the story about what he had caught. He said "I caught a ... what's that bad word? Dummy fish?" It was actually called a "crappy", weird, I know. Pawpaw, a fisher of many years, knew this. When I was a kid, "shut up" was like a curse word in our house. It makes me feel good to think that he knows that "dumb" is not a good word ;) I will relish in it as long as it lasts! These kids are growing up at what seems like light-speed! I'm often brought to the verge of tears when I go through older photos. Not out of sadness, but out of pure joy from the amazing life I have been blessed to live. A good reality check is often in order when I stress about the goings-on around here. It's often quite chaotic, but when I step back, I wouldn't trade it for the world. Nice cars and fine clothes are alluring, but they don't hold a candle to hearing my babies say "Mama, can you scratch my back?" or "Push me higher!" or "Mommy! I'm dooone!!!" Yes, even that ;) I complain sometimes, as if I lead a hard life, when in fact, I am living my dream.

No comments: