Monday, May 09, 2011

Isaiah's 1st diorama

In preparation for their trip to the zoo last week, Isaiah's class had an assignment to choose one of 7 or 8 suggested habitat's and make a diorama. Isaiah wanted to use a wolf he already had, so we chose the "woodland" habitat. We cut a branch from a holly bush to make a tree. Isaiah painted the grass and trees. We made a stream with blue paper covered with plastic wrap and lined it with stones. We added a pile of sticks for a beaver dam and made some playdough using whole wheat flour for the bear cave. I was so impressed with his work. It was one of those moments where I realize just how much he has grown up. He doesn't need my help with much anymore. As parents, we all have those moments where we let the kids do something, knowing full well that we will have to redo it when they're not looking, am I right? He did such a great job, there was nothing to "fix" :) I am having so much more fun THIS time around in school than I did as a kid!



No comments: