Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Bye-bye passy!

I have been dreading taking the pacifier away from Luke because he is so hooked on it. He wanted it 24/7 and I couldn't imagine him letting it go. One day last week I had had it and decided that "today's the day". I was tired of fighting him over it. I can't understand what he's trying to say with it in his mouth and it caused him to whine more and talk less. So, rather than him be mad at ME, I decided to give HIM the scissors. I explained to him that we where going to cut the passy and say bye-bye and throw it away since he's a big boy now. He was just excited to be given the scissors; I think he was game for anything at that point! He cut as best he could, and threw it away...

No tears!
Wait...
still broken...
still no tears!
He's done so great!!! It's actually been a week today!

No comments: