Sunday, November 20, 2011

A few weekends ago, Anne watched the kids so Justin & I could go on a lunch date in between his trips out of town. We decided to go to Barnes & Noble and have coffee. I saw this book and had to read it. It's very cute and clever. And so true! We had a good laugh, but it did make me think. We are so "plugged in" as a society. The new advances in technology are neat, I won't lie. I would love to own a laptop, and iPad, a smartphone... but there is beauty in simplicity. I don't want an iPad reading my child their bedtime story. I want to do it. I want them to play more board games and card games than video games. My kids don't own any handheld video games or a lot of the other fancy stuff they have out there for kids, and I hope they don't grow up resenting me for that. We can't afford it, but like so many other things, sometimes you have to be forced into a situation to be able to see the beauty of it. Fancy things aren't bad. I want them! But I am thankful for the kind of life that is not too focused on those things. If you're not careful, I think they can blind you from the real important stuff. ...Anyway, that's my shpeel. Check out this cute book next time you're at the book store :)

No comments: