Monday, November 07, 2011

Most days, I ask the boys to get dressed before we start school. I confess, sometimes we take advantage of the casual nature of our environment and just stay in our PJ's for a while, but I do my best to create order... within the chaos!!! So the other morning I set the timer and told the boys that when it went off I wanted them dressed and at the table. Gabe came to the table in a Polo sweater-vest that my Grandmother gave him last year! This is the same child who puts on collared shirts, BY HIS OWN CHOICE!!! (and wears the collar UP) Isaiah, on the other hand, wears camo and skeletons. Earlier in my parenting days, letting Isaiah have freedom to dress himself stressed me out. It bothered me when stuff didn't match, etc. NOW, I love it!!! The crazy combinations they choose show their individual personality and it's just fun to watch :)

No comments: