Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A great day at the park...




I painted the side porch! It was terribly stained from red dirt, paint splatters from my random projects, etc. It was desperate for a cleaning. I tried scrubbing it with Comet, but it didn't do anything! Then I contemplated painting it, and came upon this diagonal checkerboard design (which I would have LOVED to do to my kitchen...) Over the course of several days, the big boys and I snapped chalk lines and measured. The concrete soaked up the paint like crazy so it dried within minutes. The kids watched for a few minutes and then took off to play in the garden...
I think it turned out great! I love it!

My herb garden... (needs mulch)
The metal tags are from Gigi :) I love them...

Isaiah lost ANOTHER tooth! Rakin' in the dough these days :) Especially this time... I didn't check to make sure I had cash... I didn't. At 3 o'clock in the morning I shook Justin "DO YOU HAVE A DOLLAR!!!" I'm pretty sure I nearly gave him a heart attack. Neither of us had any cash. I eventually found two 5's my Mom had sent for the kids. These were Luke and Lily's, they would never know ;) So, due to my terrible lack of preparation, Isaiah raked in $5 for his tiny little tooth! LESSON LEARNED.
Lily loves trying on everyone else's shoes. She found my flip-flops and when we all looked to say "awe" she threw her hands up like this ;)


No comments: