Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cleaning up after my own mistakes...

I made a major boo-boo this year. I underestimated my almost 5 year old. Too lazy to find a real hiding spot for their Santa presents, I ended up wrapping them and putting on the top shelf of our bedroom closet. The kids used to play in there, behind the piles of stuff that would accumulate after I cleaned and de-cluttered the house, but they hadn't stepped foot in there for several months, so I thought it was safe. Isaiah went in there the other day and looked up. His eyes lit up as he asked me "Are those for us?!" (a big Homer Simpson "DOE!!!") Did I just totally ruin the whole Santa thing for my boy? I decided to tell him that we had lots of other people to give gifts to, and those gifts were for them. ("Few" I thought. I think I managed to get out of that one.) Well, tonight, just to make sure that Isaiah believes me, we are going to load up the presents into Justin's car so he can "mail" them to our family and friends tomorrow. (I must say, I think it's a pretty clever idea... well, for someone who made the mammoth mistake of hiding the presents in such a crappy place!) Just pray that none of them make noise while we're carrying them!

2 comments:

sharon said...

haha! tricky! my guys don't believe in santa, except to pretend for fun, but it is getting harder to hide the gifts. we usually put stuff in the attic, but there are some things in the closet and jonah already saw the game stop bag. i think i fooled him by telling him it was a bag from a previous trip that i was using to hide stuff. i guess no matter how you look at it, we have to be clever!

Shannon said...

You forgot to mention that you re-wrapped everything in different paper, what a sweet mommy!!