Sunday, April 26, 2009

it's good to be me...

My Mom and sister Hilary came down for the weekend to celebrate my birthday (my last year as a twenty-something!) Ever since HIlary stepped off of the plane, she became attached to baby Luke! She held him all weekend, changing diapers, wiping spit-up (sometimes off her face :) and just overall loving on him. She is going to be one heck of a mama one day. My Mom prepared a delicious birthday dinner and my favorite dessert: homemade strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream! Mmmmm! They showered me with gifts. One very special gift was a framed piece of artwork I had done as a young child to my Dad. I wrote "I love you and will always remember you". I wrote that almost 25 years ago, but it holds more meaning now than it ever did. We felt like 3 sisters this weekend, laughing, sharing and just being. It was perfect...



No comments: