Friday, May 01, 2009

I wanted to share something Gabe said today. He was eating his cereal at the counter and heard the TV on in the background. The commercial came on for Monsters vs. Aliens. The one character said "pain in my zaxog!". Gabe repeated what he said and then said "that's a bad word". They catch on to more than we think. In so many shows and movies, they insert what we think is adult humor, over their heads, when in fact they are picking up on it and learning from it. I've been uneasy about some of the things that are coming out of my boys mouths, knowing that they are getting it from TV. I know boys will be boys, but I also want them to be gentlemen. Any advice on how to do this is welcome! I feel so lost in this whole parenting thing! Such a huge reponsibility!

No comments: