Thursday, April 26, 2012

Well, today makes it 32...  I still feel like a kid, yet here I am smack in the middle of an adult's life!  Go figure :)  It's a pretty great life, too.  As I get older, I find myself becoming more reflective when my birthday rolls around.  I don't get depressed about getting older.  I have so many things I am thankful for that I didn't have at 21.  I've been married to my best friend for almost 12 years now.  We have 4 amazing children...  We've built a house and made it a home, experienced joys and tragedy, growing closer step by step.  Over the years I have uncovered my faith little by little and found that the more mysterious it seems, the closer I feel to God.  I don't have all the answers to life's situations, and perhaps I thought that's what made you an adult, knowing everything.  The older I get, the less I know... and somehow there is peace in that.  I am living more harmoniously than ever before in my life. If this is what growing older means, I'm cool with it. 

  Birthdays aren't exactly what they used to be.  All the excitement over getting presents, etc.    I am learning the more important things in life.  

...like a clean kitchen.

This is what I gave myself for my birthday...
A clean kitchen, coffee pot ready, and fresh flowers on the counter :)

3 comments:

mnjmom said...

Happy Birthday <3

Anne said...

Happy birthday Kit!

sharon said...

i hope you had a fabulous birthday!